To download the Forum’s Membership Prospectus, please fill out this short form.
Membership Benefits for You and Your Organization
Quality Assurance & Professional Development
- Discounted registration for all staff members at your institution/organization to attend The Forum’s Annual and European conferences, Standards Institutes, and Forum workshops;
- Reduced fees for staff members to earn The Forum’s Professional Certification in Education Abroad, and no fee for Certification maintenance;
- Reduced fees for The Forum’s NEW Consulting services, which can be tailored to your needs in crisis management, health and safety, office administration, new program development, and more;
- The ability for staff members to apply for the Ron Koehn Grant Award, Annual Conference travel grants and European Conference travel grants to help fund conference participation;
- Participation in members-only and free-for-members webinars throughout the year;
Resources & Research
- Ability for all faculty and staff members at the institution/organization to have log-in access to The Forum’s online resources, which include:
- Standards Toolboxes, which provide vetted materials contributed by members to aid your institution in implementing the Standards of Good Practice;
- The Curriculum Toolbox, an online resource center for faculty and administrators to share their unique approaches to encouraging student learning abroad;
- The Education Abroad Digital Resource Center, a collaboration between The Forum and The New York Times in Education;
- Free access to the Critical Incident Database (CID), a secure, user-friendly tool that can be used to track critical incidents that occur while students are off-campus, including reportable information as required by the Clery Act, Title IX, and VAWA;
- The ability to post open positions on ForumJobs: The Forum’s online job board service;
- Participation in Forum-sponsored research projects and surveys;
- Free subscription service to the DailyChatter to share with staff, faculty and students at your institution or organization;
Participation & Visibility
- Priority access to sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at Forum events;
- Opportunities to host regional Forum workshops and customized trainings;
- The opportunity for staff members to serve the field as Forum Trained Facilitators or Certification Assessors;
- The opportunity to nominate students for the Award for Academic Achievement Abroad;
- The opportunity to nominate colleagues for the Peter A. Wollitzer Advocacy Award.
- Use of The Forum Membership Logo to promote your affiliation with the field’s Standards Development Organization on your institution’s website and in publications.
- Participation in a community of institutions and organizations committed to applying best practices in the field and advocating for quality education abroad for students;
- Participation in a network of colleagues and peers committed to learning best practices, discussing common challenges, and networking with other professionals in the field;
- Participation in the development of standards and guidelines for the field of education abroad.
Subscribe to the Forum News
Stay informed of all Forum announcements, deadlines and events by subscribing to The Forum’s weekly e-newsletter.
New Member Benefit! Subscription Service for DailyChatter
The Forum has partnered with DailyChatter, an independent and non-partisan international daily newsletter that curates some of the most interesting and important global developments and prepares a conversational, easy-to-read report. Through this partnership, The Forum is excited to offer its institutional members—including staff, faculty, and students—a free subscription to the DailyChatter.
Log in and access the subscription link in the Members Resources toolbox below. I encourage you to share this link with all staff, faculty, and students at your institution or organization. Also available in the toolbox is a sample email that can be customized and distributed to your students to promote this benefit, as well as Facebook and Instagram graphics that can be used to promote DailyChatter via social media or other digital communications.
According to DailyChatter’s 2019 readership survey: 37% of students said they read DailyChatter every day—almost triple the national average for media newsletters—and 73% said they read it three or more times a week. 96% of students said that DailyChatter increased their knowledge of the world and 83% said they were likely or highly likely to share DailyChatter with friends, family and fellow students.
The Forum is excited to offer this benefit to its members to help build global awareness and literacy across campuses. DailyChatter’s mission is to help college and university students know the world better, a goal that The Forum certainly shares.
There are 8 items in the toolbox. Please log-in or join The Forum to access these essential resources.