The Forum on Education Abroad offers customized workshops that provide timely training grounded in the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad.
Workshops are tailored to focus on issues of concern to your organization.
How It Works
- Determine whether there is an existing Standards-informed training from the list below that meets your needs. Don’t see exactly what you are looking for? Let us know, and we can create a fully-customized option tailored to your goals.
- Submit an inquiry . Questions can be directed to email@example.com
- A member of the Forum staff will contact you to further discuss the goals and outcomes for your training.
The Forum provides:
- Introduction to The Standards of Good Practice in Education Abroad
- Designing Education Abroad Using the Standards of Good Practice
- Managing Education Abroad: From Implementation to Evaluation
- Health, Safety and Well-Being
- Student Learning & Development I: Advising & Orientations
- Student Learning & Development II: Reflection, Integration & Assessment
- Supporting Students’ Mental Health on Education Abroad
- Developing an Assessment Plan to Promote Student Learning and Development
- Crafting Emergency Action Plans and Protocols
- Valuing & Applying the UN Sustainable Development Goals in Education Abroad
- Climate Action: Education Abroad for a Healthy Planet
- Supporting Diverse Students on Education Abroad
Workshop Format Examples
Possible examples of how you could design your workshop schedule:
|Introduce faculty leaders on the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad during the morning followed by a focus on Health, Safety and Well-Being as informed by the Standards of Good Practice.
|Engage staff on the Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad while focusing on three specific Standards topics (i.e., Program Design, Program Management and Student Learning & Development).
|3-4 hour virtual workshop
|Appropriately spaced online workshops to bring together colleagues in different physical locations addressing key issues such as Mental Health and Study Abroad or Climate Action: Study Abroad for a Healthy Planet.
Inquire about our Customized Workshops today!
“Whitworth [University] chose to host a customized training because I wanted specific information to be shared with our faculty. The training was primarily for our faculty who either lead or might lead programs, but the study abroad staff also attended. I wanted our faculty to get a better idea of what the professional field of study abroad looks like and that I don’t recommend policies and best practices in a vacuum. About 14 people attended and the consensus was that it was a very worthwhile event. A wonderful outcome was increased appreciation for the field, the Standards of Good Practice and all the resources that go with them. For me though, the best outcome was that a chemistry professor who had never led a program abroad before, was inspired and encouraged enough to propose one. It was accepted, and she already has students signed up to go.”
~ Sue Jackson, Whitworth University