Foundations in Education Abroad Badge
Are you new to the field of education abroad? The Forum on Education Abroad is excited to welcome you to our community of globally-minded educators!
The Foundations in Education Abroad Badge is designed to support newcomers to the field with an introduction to the key aspects of your role you may encounter while working in at a university, provider organization, or as on-site staff. This crash course in education abroad will provide critical knowledge to advance your understanding of the field and lay the foundation for professional growth.
- Gain a foundational knowledge in key responsibilities and skills needed for education abroad administrators:
- Skills needed for success in the field and where to find resources
- Advising students
- Travel documents, regulations, and immigration matters
- Preparing for and managing risk
- Learn from established professionals in the field of education abroad
- Identify ways to apply the Standards of Good Practice in Education Abroad in your work.
Digital Badge Program
Foundations in Education Abroad Badge awardees will have the opportunity to be recognized on The Forum on Education Abroad social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
To earn this badge participants will:
- Attend/Access the 4 Webinars in the Education Abroad Critical Knowledge for Success in the Field Series:
- Education Abroad 101: Critical Knowledge for Success in the Field
- Education Abroad 102: Developing Your Advising Philosophy
- Education Abroad 103: Understanding Visas and Immigration Resources for Outbound Students
- Education Abroad 104: Being Prepared for Emergencies and Risk Management
- Submit a one-page reflection outlining ways you plan to leverage your new knowledge to benefit your organization and professional growth
- Members: $100
- Non-members: $200
Foundations in Education Abroad Badge includes the following webinar series
Recordings of the following webinars are included as part of this program.
Gain an understanding of the unique terminology used in the field of education abroad. Learn about the skills others have used to grow in their roles. Understand where to find resources to help you in your day to day work. The Forum and our expert panelists will walk you through what you need to know to be successful in your current role, and plan for the future!
This webinar will introduce new education abroad advisors to resources to help them develop their personal advising philosophy. Using appreciative advising pedagogy and asset based advising to improve student learning outcomes and helping students find the perfect education abroad program to help them achieve their academic and professional goals.
This webinar will provide an overview of visa and immigration needs of outbound education abroad students. Navigating complex and diverse visa and immigration requirements for outbound students can be challenging under the best circumstances. Our panel will provide resources and guidance on how to be support your students as they encounter the various immigration requirements for their intended destination(s).
This webinar will lay the foundation for new education abroad colleagues to anticipate and manage risk associated with education abroad programs. Our panel will outline ways in which engineering, education, and enforcement strategies can support risk mitigation on education abroad. Participants will also be introduced to strategies and resources for responding to a crisis in education abroad.