Reporting to the President & CEO of The Forum on Education Abroad, this is an exciting new role for a B2B marketing manager to join The Forum team. We are looking for an experienced self-starter who can help us achieve bold goals for increasing membership, resource utilization, and both national and international recognition. The successful candidate will lead The Forum’s marketing activities and assist in advancing The Forum’s goals for diversity and inclusiveness.
- Implements The Forum’s marketing strategy by managing the organization’s social media presence, writing and distributing the weekly newsletter, recommending digital advertising, creating communication pieces, and conducting other marketing activities to promote Forum events and programs .
- Works in close collaboration with other Forum staff, marketing colleagues at Forum partner organizations, and outside agencies (as needed) to ensure cohesive and efficient global marketing efforts.
- Conceptualizes and executes targeted campaigns (messaging, visuals, additional assets, content calendars, and timelines).
- Collects and analyzes data to guide decision-making and evaluate and assess the effectiveness of specific marketing and social media initiatives; Identifies relevant emerging social media trends and proposes new methods for reaching current Forum members and potential new members.
- Collects and analyzes data to guide decision-making and evaluate and assess the effectiveness of specific marketing and social media initiatives.
- Collaborates with other Forum staff to manage The Forum’s brand identity (including naming conventions, taglines, key messages, and visuals).
- Responsible for the overall look and feel of the organization’s website, and regularly updates online content .
- Leads the development of our Annual Report and digital and print publications for conferences and programs.
- Write press releases, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- 3-5 years work experience;
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills required;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency;
- Ability to create, follow, assess and adapt a marketing and social media plan;
- Ability to be a team player, to build and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues, to provide an exquisite level of customer service, and to value and positively contribute to The Forum’s work culture;
- Experience with marketing in a university or education abroad environment preferred;
We are committed to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion and eliminating structural racism and inequities within the organization, the field of education abroad, and our communities. Every member of The Forum’s team is expected to embrace and actively advance the ideas included in this statement on Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: https://archive.forumea.org/resources/equity-diversity-and-inclusion/. The Marketing & Social Media Manager will regularly contribute to the verbal and visual messaging on these topics, as well as contributing to a welcoming and inclusive environment for all Forum events and programs.
This position will work remotely from the individual’s home office within the United States. Travel to in-person staff retreats of up to 3 days, 3-4 times per year, is required.
Applications will start being reviewed on August 23, 2021. Selected candidates will be asked to submit work samples during the first week of September.
View the Job Posting & Apply